Saturday, June 28, 2014

June 28: Good bye Cebu, hello Manila


…or to be more precise "Hello Taguig City". For the last leg of my pregnancy, I moved to Metro Manila, where I will be staying until about 2 weeks after Tisoy is born, which will be roughly two months in total. One big argument for picking this condo is that it is only 10-15 minutes away from the hospital where I will be giving birth at.

I moved into a small but cute Condo in Taguig City, right outside Bonifacio Global City, with a view of the American Cemetery and SM Aura. My partner is with me over the weekend and will visit again next weekend, after that I'll be on my own until the beginning of August, a week before the expected due date. We hope and try to convince Tisoy to stay put until Papa is there!


Room with a view


So far I am enjoying it - I've been here only a few hours. But I already discovered a booth in Market, Market! that sells fresh milk, yoghurt, cream and buttermilk - I'm in dairy heaven! Especially buttermilk I've been craving since the beginning of my pregnancy. It has been the only recurring craving I've had and it could not be satisfied because it is not available in Cebu. So yay! This discovery made my day!

Next I discovered a booksale, and I stocked up. Since I'm on maternity leave already I'll have lots of time during the next few weeks and I want to spend some of it reading, next to doing yoga, going swimming, walking in the park and meeting up with my Manila-based friends.

I'm looking forward to the next few weeks, but I already miss my cats and will miss my partner endlessly once he gets back to Cebu.

No comments:

Post a Comment