Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Building a home for the family


I've been living in a shared house for the past two years. My partner had moved into my room after we found out that I was pregnant so that he could support me better. And I was so happy to have him close! I did not know what I would have done without him during the weeks of nausea, distress and frustrations in my first trimester. It was quite a crowded, temporary solution though in which we did not feel completely comfortable. 

So, 10 days ago, we moved into our own apartment. Well, it's still rented but it already feels like a home. We spent the past 10 days painting the walls, cleaning up and redoing some repair work and now we are almost done. 

We were lucky to find it after only a short search. It is an older building so it has spacious rooms (unlike the new buildings nowadays), a high ceiling and wooden floors. It's a 2-story building with only 2 parties, and we are on the upper floor. It has access to the front door directly from the parking space. Even though it is an apartment, it feels a bit like a house. Unfortunately we have no garden, but 3 huge trees in front of our living room window that serve as natural curtains. My personal highlight is the fact that it even has a water heater in the shower - so no more cold showers - yay!

The future nursery is still a storage room at the moment, but I'm looking forward to turning it into a beautiful, comfy room for Tisoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment