Saturday, January 25, 2014

Baby TV

I opted to have a first-trimester screening since I'm not the youngest anymore, and (even though I try to relax) I'm still the German worrywart.

In my country the first trimester-screening consists of an integrated calculation of the mother's age, certain hormone levels and the nuchal translucency to determine a risk of chromosomal abnormalities (especially trisomy 21), which is expressed in a probability such as 1:375 and then discussed at length with your healthcare provider. (talk about German angst, hehe)

Here, only the nuchal translucency was measured. The feedback was "it's .18, so normal". Then we proceeded to watch the baby wiggle and giggle. Admittedly much more fun than discussing risks.

I decided to stop worrying and relax that everything will be alright - my ob/gyn is relaxed, why shouldn't I be? (At least I'll try to).

And now, may I introduce.....Tisoy:



No comments:

Post a Comment