Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Telling my parents


I have been wondering how my parents would react to such a surprise since for them everything has to be planned and thought through a million times. And this kid is anything but planned. We called them on Christmas Eve to wish them a Merry Christmas. They complained that Christmas was quite lonely for them with no-one being around. So I told them that next year, they will not celebrate alone but with their grandchild. My mom cried tears of joy and I have not seen a smile as big on my dad's face in years! This was truly a Christmas surprise for them!

Since then they are completely zen about the child. While I am worried as hell how to feed the child once my contract runs out next year and I may end up without a job for a while, all I hear from them is "Don't worry, everything will be alright!". I hope they are right.

No comments:

Post a Comment